I am proof that you don’t always end up where you started. Some people truly do discover who they are at 40-ish, completely reinvent themselves and then do something they never thought they’d do. In my case, I became an advocate for literacy and homeschoolers, a children’s book author, a nature-enthusiast, avid hiker and full-time traveler.
AND, I went back to college. I am currently working on my Masters of Science in Education – Reading and Literacy.
As the mama of four, almost everything I have done as an entrepreneur has been because of my children. It was the best decision we ever made for our family and allowed me to be with my kiddos and eventually become a homeschool mama while building businesses.
By my mid 30s I had developed a successful marketing agency, subscription box & apparel company. I choose to sell most of my brands in by 2022 and began publishing the children’s books I’d had on my heart for so many years. I also launched Literacy Moms, a resource for the parents of early and struggling readers and educators. Mama Human, my opinion blog and trademarked brand has taken a back seat, but made the cut when I was removing brands from my portfolio.
When I’m Not…
working on my business, I’m a passionate homeschooling mama, hiker, natural medicine advocate, nature enthusiast, book devourer, National Park bucketlister, full-time glamper, and homeschool advocate that is traveling the country full-time with my husband of 22 year, four kids and three dogs. You can read all about our travel adventures here.
THE CLIFFS NOTES
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science Marketing & Communications with a Public Relations Minor
- Orton-Gillingham Trained Literacy Professional
- Currently attending Bay Path University Master’s of Education in Reading and Literacy Program
- Children’s Book Author & Illustrator
- Skilled in website design, apparel design, content development, curriculum development, photoshop, canva, photography, wordpress, shopify, ghost